Monday, October 03, 2005

Bird

I made this little bird today to send to the second round of the artdoinggood fundraiser for hurricane victims. You may recognize the bird. He was in another piece that I showed you a couple weeks ago. He was a different color in that piece. This piece is only 6" square--just about the smallest art quilt I have ever made.

I like birds. I enjoy watching them in the yard at the feeders and the birdbaths. I am not very knowledgeable. I have a bird book, but I find it hard to identify the birds using the book. I think I have found my bird then notice that this species is only found in Patagonia or some such thing. But I love images of birds. I have a bunch of Mexican pottery birds that I have collected over the years.

4 comments:

  1. I like birds too and love watching them at the feeder in the garden. Almost as therapeutic as watching fish! Your tiny quiltlet is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:06 AM

    wonderful as always...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo, I love this little quilt. Are you going to enter it into Fine Focus? You should!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love birds, in my case chickens lol...I will be working a big stone ware one soon ...I will post it to my blog ...
    http://coloratic.blogspot.com/
    Rosy

    ReplyDelete