Thursday, January 19, 2006

Going to the beach


So, you think going to the beach in January in Oregon doesn't sound like a lot of fun? Well, you'd be wrong if that's what you think. My small art quilt group tries to head out of town for a weekend every winter. This year we are going to the beach. One of our members has a condo in Cannon Beach. Six of us will stay at her condo and the guest rooms at the complex and use the community room to sew. We will sew, read, walk into the pretty little town of Cannon Beach, shop, maybe take a walk on the beach, eat out, eat in, play Pictionary, drink wine, laugh--probably a lot, and enjoy each other's company.

We have been a group for nearly 10 years. We have seen each other through good times and bad. I feel very lucky to have found these women.

The pile of stuff you see in the picture, accumulating in my upstairs hallway, is stuff to take to the beach--and that's just the sewing supplies. There are also my clothes and the food I'm taking--I'm in charge of lunch on Saturday. You would think we were going for a month. Nope, just two days. I'll be back on Sunday with pictures--if I remember to take any.

4 comments:

  1. sounds like much fun! have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a blast! Take lots of pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:54 AM

    One of my fave activities, getting away with my quilting friends. Can I come next time? My son-in-law works for an architectural firm in Cannon Beach and helps design thsoe swanky big beach houses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:56 PM

    Have a great time, Terry. It's even supposed to stop raining.... Believe it when it happens. June

    ReplyDelete