Thursday, October 12, 2006

Voodoo Thursday

We arrived in St. Thomas last night in a rainstorm, which does not cool things off here, but just makes it very humid. All day today, every time I go outdoors from indoors, even get out of the car, my glasses fog completely. It is huuuuuuu-mid. And hot.

Ray is here on business for the next two weeks so I came along this time. I plan to read and take photos and do some drawing and I have a little handwork to do. I am not great in a tropical beach setting. I don't do well with heat or a lot of sun. I am actually allergic to the sun and break out in hives with too much exposure. How lame is that? But I will relax and entertain myself.

We celebrated our arrival with a Voodoo at the Island Beachcomber this evening. It was the special. It's "Voodoo Thursday". Lots of local rum and fruit juice and a layer of grenadine to give a tropical sunset vibe. Very healthy.

I'm hoping to keep blogging from here. Tomorrow I may actually take my camera out of my backpack--or maybe not. Here in the islands we not inna hurry 'bout inna-thin, mon.

4 comments:

  1. I could use some of that healthy drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get the camera out! Share some of the local scenery with us!! We are having fab weather here at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:28 PM

    I can see why you haven't answered my "urgent" email. Just as well -- I was hoping you wouldn't. And now that I've peaked your interest, I'll just say that you are to enjoy yourself in spite of yourself. cheers, June

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you can blog from your where you are - that way we can travel virtually with you - and we can see everything firsthand without the benefit of hindsight. Hope the rest of your vacation is lovely.

    ReplyDelete