Monday, October 01, 2007

Wish I was there


Remember when we went to my brother's cabin in Idaho in July? This was the view from the cabin last week. Ray went back over to help Steve try to finish the unfinished side of the roofing job that was started in July. I stayed here to take care of Sofia and do some other things, and with the way the week turned out, I was glad I was here, not there. But when Ray showed me this picture that he took last week, I wanted to be there right now. Beautiful, isn't it?

They didn't finish the roof. It started snowing, so, on second thought, I guess I really don't want to be there after all. I just want to think about being there and share this beautiful picture with you. There was something about this picture that just made me feel more peaceful than I have for a week. And I am really glad to have Ray home.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:33 AM

    Glad to know you're seeing some beauty in your world right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have really made me homesick. The dusting of snow on the mountains, distinctive deep pink of the chapparal, the gold of aspens and the green of the pine and fir are together only momentarily. I have only seen this particular combination in eastern Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:00 PM

    So glad to hear that Ray is home. That photo is spectacular - I mean, really spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:08 PM

    Gerrie is right--the picture is really spectacular. I can't remember the last time I saw that particular sight.
    So glad Ray is home--things always feel better when you have someone to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came across your blog today and your work is beautiful! What a joy to find such a wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesterday your picture was a red X for me but today I see the beauty. I live in flat Illinois and our leaves haven't changed yet, so this really is a treat to see.
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one gorgeous photograph, Terry.

    ReplyDelete