Thursday, April 01, 2010

Working

I have actually been working for the Census, finally. I was involved in the count of the homeless earlier this week and am enumerating Group Quarters—places like group homes, detention centers, nursing homes. The more I learn about the Census the more interesting it is to me. I am very impressed with how much care and attention is devoted to privacy and confidentiality of the information that is gathered. It is not shared with any other governmental agency or the media, and is kept confidential for 72 years. I was required to take an oath of confidentiality, so you won't be reading any interesting stories about what I see or learn about any respondents!

Today, besides being April Fools Day, is Census Day, so Happy Census! Have you returned your form?

..................................

The other thing I have been working on is putting together a blog site for the fiber art group, High Fiber Diet, that I belong to. We just retired our show called "Line Dance" and I have had several people who saw it ask if we had a web site or any other information about the group and members. It seemed like a good time to just "do it"! You can see it here. There you can see a slide show of "Line Dance" and see information about our new show. I now have a link to it in my sidebar. My next project will be to create a page that is a gallery of members' work and contact info. It is a good group right now, with some very talented artists.



This is the banner I designed for the new blog. I had a lot of fun putting it all together.

5 comments:

  1. The blog looks great, Terry. Will you send me a li'l blurb about it for the CFG newsletter? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things I worked on when I was at the Census Bureau was removing all of the shelters for domestic violence from the group quarters universe. The Bureau goes to great extremes to protect the right of individuals who need to be protected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the slide show Terry, you have some wonderful artists in your group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you for taking part in the census-taking! It IS so important!
    I will go look at your new blog site next. You gals are all so creative!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. your 'Residual Matters' were really nice!

    xo

    ReplyDelete