Sunday, January 09, 2011

Being silly again

More with the silly drawing class. You probably know this, but I am really not a silly person. Usually. I enjoy my own kind of silliness, especially with my grandchildren, but it isn't a part of my everyday persona. So I am struggling just a tiny little bit with this silly thing. The drawing part is fine. Even the silly drawing. The part I am not really into are some of the other activities and the posting online. Defining nonsense words. Doing silly exercises. But, hey, in for a penny, in for a pound. I am being a sport. The drawing part is fun.

Yesterday—Silly Saturday. Three silly activities, then show that you did these things. Photograph them or draw them.

1. Ponder. Spend four minutes thinking about the following statement: "A person with a sense of humor is like a wagon."

2. Sing. Spend one minute finding someone to sing to and one minute singing to them "The Happy Birthday Song." Not their birthday? That's OK! Out of tune? Even better!

3. Straighten your shoes. Spend exactly four minutes neatening up the shoes in your closet or entryway.

Yes, that is a drawing of my butt, sticking out of my tiny closet where shoes will never be neat. Some people just took photos of their shoes, or drew shoes all over the worksheet.

Today this was on our worksheet:

My letter:

This one was interpreted in an incredible number of ways.

Silly enough for ya?

7 comments:

  1. I love your sketches, especially the one of you in the shoe closet. Thank you so much for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the letter to the Squeen!
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Squeen is fabulous. What fun! Just the ticket for this dull, gray, time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing and do not give yourself enough credit...definately have the ability to be silly. Which is a gift in my book.

    Anna, whose sketch book looks really good on her cutting table. I think I need a pencil.

    www.wooliemammoth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a silly or humorous person either, but this looks like so much FUN! If I weren't in the middle of a house move I'd join in, even if I'm late....will just have to enjoy vicariously...thanks for sharing!
    Cheers, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your submissions! I am taking the same class, and have the same thoughts, but am taking the same approach. I have learned some things, actually, which just goes to show!!

    Take Care,
    Kathie in NC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:08 PM

    three months ago i have big problem which is popular of many of us ! what shall do and how to go on living, I cant understand ((I have stopped smiling at ALL!!!! :( yes!!,i have bad teeth because of heredity ... why it so? Teeth is the first thing you see when chat everybody,or doing something like this, I found a solution in putting lumineers ! and i must say it has 100%result!!,now i know its a good investition

    ReplyDelete