Sunday, September 09, 2012

Artsy Saturday

This has never happened before. I had work in two shows that were having their opening receptions on the same day about 40 miles apart. Fortunately the first reception was from noon to 3 and the second from 3 to 6. Pretty well filled up my Saturday! The first was the opening of the new High Fiber Diet show "Elements" which is at the Woodburn Art Center in Woodburn, Oregon. It is a nice venue and a nice show.

The earthy works you see on this wall are by (right to left) Gerrie Congdon, Karen Miller, Bonnie Bucknam and Mary Goodson. Mary is in the center of this shot in the teal top.


Works along this wall are by Diane Born, Gerrie Congdon, Catherine Beard, Diane Born, Gerrie Congdon and Mary Arnold.

My four pieces are on another wall, grouped together. I thought they looked great in the space!

My friend, Jeri Flom didn't have work in this show, but she came with me to the Woodburn opening and then we hopped into my car and drove the forty miles to the Washington County Museum where we both have work in the Washington County Open Studio Artists show.

This show is very diverse and it looked great! These are the artists who are taking part in the Open Studios Tour in October and the show is a sneak peak of the work that can be seen in the artists studios when they open them for the tour. This is the third year of the tour and the second that Jeri and I have participated. We were both on the organizing committee this year and have been putting in some time and energy for the tour. It was nice to see it all coming together!

You can barely see a couple of my pieces on the wall at the right. They were hanging right above the food table so they were hard to miss!

The three small framed pieces starting on the left are Jeri's intricately embroidered fiber pieces.


After our big artsy day Jeri and I relaxed on my deck with a glass of wine and discussed what we had seen. It was a great day of art viewing and driving through the beautiful Oregon countryside. Both shows will be up until the end of September. If you are in the area I think you would enjoy them!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:16 PM

    Mom & I really enjoyed your show in Woodburn!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the artsy images. Loved them all but now I will have to go see as I am sure that will be a better view.

    Nice-a!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your 4 seasons grouped together. I hope a office or medical group likes them and purchases them. Good art makes appointments much more interesting. The second show looks really diverse and interesting.

    ReplyDelete