Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Starting a new year

No resolutions, but again I chose a word for the year. Discover. That's my word. I think the roots of creativity lie in the curiosity to learn and discover something new every chance you get!  Here's my reminder. It was a quickly made little banner. I may embellish further if something strikes me.





It joins my previous three words on the studio wall.

Thrive, Appreciate and Intention.

This is also a good time to ponder how I used last year's word "intention." I think it has been in my head this year. At one point I wondered if I had lost track of my intentions, by focusing so much on work made to fit show themes and sizes and if it had any real meaning to me. I think I managed to refocus my intention and pull back to following my own goals of making work that has personal meaning to me. Maybe this year I will discover what that actually is!

For years one of my New Year tasks has been to put together a little book for the STASH group for the year. It has a schedule of meetings and contact info for each of us. Last year I never did get it done. We went all year wondering whose turn it was to hostess the next meeting. It is a simple thing to do, so I just did it. I know we all now have all our contacts in our phones and could easily coordinate our calendars, but I love these little booklets and enjoy making them.


There are a number of places on the web that show you how to fold these clever little single sheet booklets. No glue, no staples. Here is one.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Terry, I've been reading your blog for a while. thanks so much for the inspiration and insight into your life.

    I'm intrigued by this little book. How do you set up the printing to get the text to be in the correct orientation for each page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new word and your banner, Terry. And the booklet is great... What a charming way to organize things!

    ReplyDelete