Monday, June 24, 2013

The Rose Garden

Whew, it has been a busy week! Last Thursday my grown son and daughter left for Ecuador where my son is having extensive dental work done. My daughter, who has lived in Ecuador, accompanied him to translate and lend her support through what will probably be a somewhat grueling experience. It's a long story, but this is a family project to get this needed work accomplished, so we are following closely their travels via Skype and Facebook posts and phone. What a change technology has made in our lives. I remember the first time one of my children spent time abroad and we relied on written letters and the occasional, very expensive phone call, to stay connected.  My grandchildren can see their Mom and talk with her daily. Amazing to me.

We made a quick trip to Idaho for the funeral of Ray's aunt Jackie. She was a favorite and the last of that generation of Ray's family. We took Sofia along and short though the trip was, it was a nice time touching bases with both our families.

Exhaustion has set in. I am unable to move it seems. It is physical and emotional. It seems so long ago that Diane was here, but it was only a week. What a treat to encounter these photos on my phone today. I shared our time at the Chinese Garden in my last post. After we left the Chinese Garden we took a walk through the International Rose Test Garden in Washington Park. The perfect day. The roses are glorious right now. This is but a taste.





Can you smell the roses??

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a difference a month or two makes - those roses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful - would love to see it someday.

    ReplyDelete