Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Late Fall

You know I walk most days near a wetland area. And you know I take a lot of photos. I love the fall. I love the cooler temperatures and the changing colors and even the rain. In late November everything softens. The colors are more muted, the sky goes smeary and wet and the edges lose their crispness. We walk in all the weather, until the rain begins to soak in or the wind beats us up and then we retreat to our coffee and hang our wet jackets on the backs of our chairs and watch the storm through steamy windows. Summer seems long gone.













































I am spending time in the studio, and watching the creek rise and fall. It gets dark early and I use little flashlight when I make my way back to the house.








I found the Prisma app for my iPad and marvel at what it finds in my photos, like the one I took of the egret.













Or this photo of red berries, that certainly don't have to stay red.



















It's a little humbling to see how a smart machine can interpret my images in ways I sometimes hope to achieve by my own efforts. I'm not sure what to make of that...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. We are getting some much needed rain here today. The kind of day that would welcome your camera. Love all versions of your egret.

    ReplyDelete